In the United States, Students are often not heard when they need to vent about their problems. School-related or not, Listen.One wants to help! Students will be responsible for posting about Listen.One on their personal social media at least once a week in addition to other tasks that depend on the need of the organization.
Our unpaid internship is a great opportunity for any student that wants or needs experience in a small nonprofit organization. We are growing rapidly and need all hands on deck to support those who need a listening ear. At our organization, you will work directly with Volunteers, the Program Director, and Founder to see all angles of our virtual services. From chatting with those in need to offering a helping hand to our marketing team, your impact will be felt throughout the organization. Please apply if you are interested in being part of something bigger than yourself.
This internship is perfect for any student that has limited free time. Since almost all of our services are virtual, you can complete your hours on your own time as long as you are meeting agreed upon deadlines.
Some examples of the work you may be doing:
- Share one of our posts to your page.
- Create a post that describes resources for coping mechanisms for our social media. For example, “5 Ways to Feel Less Lonely”
- Tell your followers about Listen.One’s Mission, Goals, or Vision Statement.
- Tell your followers about Listen.One’s giveaways.
- Write for our blog.
- Help curate shared social media content with the Program Director.
- Participate in weekly Zoom calls with our volunteer team.
- Tag Listen.One in every post! We are on Facebook and Instagram.
- Use the Time Tracker sheet to track your time. Add screenshots of your posts. We will sign off on this sheet by the deadline required of your learning institution.
- If you are also a Listener: Never ever share anything about your conversation with a Sharer. Your conversations with Sharers are confidential and must remain that way in order to ensure the integrity of established Listen.One ethics.
Lets Talk from anywhere on any device
send us a letter at
PO Box 27053,
Phoenix, AZ 85061